Friday, August 22, 2008

Good people at Pandora.../ Birchmere


My husband really loves all kinds of music...rock, reggae, blues. Irish punk rock, Irish folk rock, jazz, opera, contemporary Hawaiian, Jahwaiian, Zydeco, classic...and on and on to generate about 80 stations on Pandora. All this led him to an email back n' forth with one of the listener advocates at Pandora. I didn't realize all this was going on. In one very nice email they offered us our choice of several Pandora logo gifts. Thanks Pandora. I like my new bag and thanks for Brian's "Fidel" hat. FYI...my list of stations is fairly short. I lean towards things that fill in the background like alternative or instrumental New Age or jazz etc. to listen to while I work The station generated by the movie "Once" was really addictive. All I could do was listen.

Wednesday night I made my first trip to the Birchmere and saw The Saw Doctors. So far this year, we've caught the Saw Doctor's once in New York and twice at the Ram's Head on Stage. I would have twittered that I bumped into the Gov again, but my cell phone is a very uncool cheep utilitarian thing. I wish I could have taken a picture. According to the W.P. I was part of the raucous crowd (Reliable source, Style, page 3). The Saw doc's were great. (2 1/2 hr set) It was was a lot of fun and the Birchmere was not at all what I expected. It was like an old-fashioned warehouse behind a tire store. The best part is that you can be very close and move around. I had expected something like the Ram's Head live or the Norva in Norfolk.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool that Pandora appreciates its listeners. Sad they might go out of business soon. Hope something will work out.

    ReplyDelete