Thursday, June 5, 2008

Flickr done

This morning I uploaded a few pictures to Flickr so I could add Flickr to my blog and work with it during quiet times at the desk. I was frustrated for a bit. "Flickr" would appear on my blog, but wouldn't link. I phoned a friend for help, who suggested the "help" link. There I learned that I could change the address of my account making it easier to remember. I tried linking Flickr to the blog again and it was as simple as hitting the enter key after the address.

My only regret is that this morning I was rushing to upload photos so I could follow through at work. Now that the link is done I want to see what else Flickr can do and set up an RSS feed to the blog.

Thinking about ways we could use Flickr: Our website could create links to Flickr where we could post pictures of past programming events and use them to generate publicity for future programmming. Of course we would need to have patrons permission if their pictures were involved. It could also be used to generate interest in workshops and programs, illustrating what we can offer. At on branch, a staff member set up a slideshow of an SRC program and turned the monitor around so that the children and parents could see themselves. It was very popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment