Monday, July 14, 2008

Zoho 2

unidentified LAtongue_out

July 14, 2008

 

 

 

    This is my second Zoho login.  Last Thursday I made my first document while at work.  The first problem I encountered was that the Zoho screen ran off the monitor.  I phoned ISS and Clint corrected the problem remotely and explained how to correct it myself in the future.  All in all, Zoho felt very clunky. It could have been the screen at work or maybe just not giving the exercise full attention.  In order to fit Zoho on the screen, the text and the "buttons" were extremely small. Things look much clearer at home on the laptop and now that I know what the finished product looks like when I hit "publish," I think I can do a better job. 

 

The image I chose to upload was of the Nepenthe on Big Sur.  It has been on my mind because of the wildfires in California and the fact that the manager was trying to save it. We first found it  back in the late 60's when we were camping in a puptent on our way from San Diego to Whidbey Island. 

 

 

 

  • outside fire pit on the deck
  • mountains behind us, Pacific in front
  • cheeseburgers and winecool
  • candle holders made of driftwood
  • at night, the tables were lit just by the candles
  • I believe Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman filmed a movie there

San DiegoSan Luis ObispoBig SurCarmelMonterey
San FranciscoSausalitoMt. TamalpaisRedwoods
Deception PassWhidbey Island

 

  • Redoing the table, It is frustrating changing the text and text size, and adding color. I may be missing something. It keeps reverting back to Verdana and 10 pt.  
  • All things considered, this is a much better experience then my first attempt.  I can see why this would be helpful to our patrons.  
  • Publishing to a blog and adding images was extremely easy.

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Nice pic of Nepenthe. A few years ago I could afford to buy a $25 seafood salad there. It's strange that the older I get, the less I can afford. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see a West Coast theme in your table . . . I miss the West Coast . . . and In and Out Burgers. ***sigh***

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eeb, Yeah, back when we were there we were young and not much moola. I remember all we could afford was the wine and a cheeseburger. (or maybe just a cheeseplate) but it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay. I finally got to this and was frustrated by the screen size thing and the font thing and am so glad to see that a Really Smart Person had the same troubles. Miss you a lot and hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete